Coreutils-5.0 errors

Jouko Orava joorava at pcu.helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 11 15:18:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Vidar Hoel wrote:
> [Snip]
>
> FAIL: fail-2eperm

This is a known failure that can be ignored.
Easily found by searching for   fail-2eperm
at  http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/

> [Snip]
>
> diff progs-makefile progs-readme && rm -rf progs-readme progs-makefile
> 30a31
> > hostname
> make[1]: *** [check-README] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/coreutils-5.0/src'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

This was one of the errors my patch removes.
With the old patch, the Makefile expects to see
hostname (binary) but of course it is not built,
so you get this error.

(grumbling..)

> As you can see, both check's fail. Can this be ignored? Or?
> And do you have any idea why this failes?

Yes, they can both be safely ignored.
  Jouko
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org