coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch

Vidar Hoel vhoel99 at grm.hia.no
Wed Jun 11 15:17:32 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:03:24AM +0300, Jouko Orava wrote:
> Vidar Hoel wrote:
> > Jouko Orava wrote:
> > > Noticed that both the original coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch
> > > and the version I sent earlier ignored the automake Makefiles,
> > > src/Makefile.am and man/Makefile.am .
> > >
> > > Regenerating the configuration files would remove the patch.
> > > Probably nobody ever does that, but here is the updated patch anyway.
> >
> > If the idea was to patch with your patch, and not the original
> > "coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch" as explained in the book (CVS), then I
> > got the following error:
>
> Did you try with a clean tree with the original patch at all?
> I'd wager you get the same error then.

Here is my steps:
root:~# rm -rf coreutils-5.0
root:~# tar jxf coreutils-5.0.tar.bz2
root:~# cd coreutils-5.0
root:~/coreutils-5.0# patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-5.0-uname.patch
patching file src/uname.c
root:~/coreutils-5.0# patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-5.0-hostname-4.patch
patching file man/Makefile.am
patching file man/Makefile.in
patching file src/Makefile.am
patching file src/Makefile.in
root:~/coreutils-5.0# ./configure --prefix=/usr
<-cut->
root:~/coreutils-5.0# make

.. and then the error comes. And I did install Perl as the book says.
If I use the patch from the book, it does work. But then the "make
check"'s fail. (See the my other post!)

Regards,

Vidar Hoel - vhoel99 at grm.hia.no
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org