CH5 - Setting the environment, missing LDFLAGS

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 18:14:24 PDT 2003

All,

Not sure if this is a bug or not.  I am working on cvs version 20030603.
  I am reading Greg and Ryans pure_lfs.txt hint and the cvs text at the
same time to make sure I "follow the instructions".  In the hint, Greg
mentions putting LDFLAGS=-s into the lfs user's .bash_profile file.  In
the cvs book, this is missing.

Is this an issue?  I tried to look in the archives to see if this has
come up before, but did not find anything.  Will the ch5 packages
compile correctly if I follow the cvs book and not have and variable in
the environment?

Thanks
James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org