coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch

Andrew Fyfe a.fyfe at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 18:12:17 PDT 2003

Vidar Hoel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:03:24AM +0300, Jouko Orava wrote:
>
>>Vidar Hoel wrote:

>>>If the idea was to patch with your patch, and not the original
>>>"coreutils-5.0-hostname.patch" as explained in the book (CVS), then I
>>>got the following error:
>>
>>Did you try with a clean tree with the original patch at all?
>>I'd wager you get the same error then.
>

> Here is my steps:
> root:~# rm -rf coreutils-5.0
> root:~# tar jxf coreutils-5.0.tar.bz2
> root:~# cd coreutils-5.0
> root:~/coreutils-5.0# patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-5.0-uname.patch
> patching file src/uname.c
> root:~/coreutils-5.0# patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-5.0-hostname-4.patch
> patching file man/Makefile.am
> patching file man/Makefile.in
> patching file src/Makefile.am
> patching file src/Makefile.in
> root:~/coreutils-5.0# ./configure --prefix=/usr
> <-cut->
> root:~/coreutils-5.0# make
>
> ... and then the error comes. And I did install Perl as the book says.
> If I use the patch from the book, it does work. But then the "make
> check"'s fail. (See the my other post!)
>

> Regards,
>
> Vidar Hoel - vhoel99 at grm.hia.no

  I just finished a build of coreutils a couple of hours ago using the
new hostname patch and it worked fine, but my patch is called
coreutils-5.0-hostname-2.patch it was posted by Jouko Orava, you can
find it here ->
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/06/0027.html

--
Andrew Fyfe ( a.fyfe at tiscali.co.uk )