Memory allocation problem with Gawk 3.1.2

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jun 12 22:05:32 PDT 2003

Hey All!

Been encountering some problems with Gawk on my server.  Turns out gawk
3.1.2 has a memory allocation problem when trying to parse files in
/proc - From my reading of the info I found, it appears that gawk as
written chokes because these files appear to be zero-length to gawk, but
they actually contain data.  There's a patch to fix this problem on the
gnu mailing lists at the link posted below - but I myself haven't had
any luck at getting it to apply smoothly.  Is there a kind soul out
there who could take this and make a proper patch file out of it, then I
could test it to make sure it does in fact resolve the problem I'm
encountering.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2003-04/msg00032.html

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org