Memory allocation problem with Gawk 3.1.2

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Fri Jun 13 04:23:38 PDT 2003

[13.06.2003] Matthew Burgess <-- :
> pchllck at nexgo.de (Erika Pacholleck) wrote:
> >
> > First I am not sure whether the # in front is correct, but as this
> > appears also earlier in the file and is not part of the patch, I
> > guess it might be ok.
>
> The # is a preprocessor directive.  i.e. before compilation then the
> preprocessor acts on the file to slightly alter the code.  The easiest
> example to see this working is the #include <someheaderfile.h>
> instructions.  When the preprocessor sees this it basically inserts all
> of the contents of <someheaderfile.h> into the source file where the
> #include statement is.
>
> Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Oh yes, it indead does, thanks a lot Matthew.
I have seen all these #include and #if(n)def ones and they were clear.
After your explanation it is quite clear. Learned another "quicky on
the way". :)

I usually read the patches and try to understand what's going on there
and for something looking a bit strange to my no-programmer-eye I'd
rather mention my doubts than blindly trust and spread "it will do the
right thing" if I did not yet test it.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org