FAQ Maintainer Stepping Down

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Jun 14 07:41:08 PDT 2003

Seth W.Klein said the following on 06/13/03 21:33:
> Seth W. Klein <sk at sethwklein.net> wrote:
>
>>Yes, the day has come; I'm stepping down. I've been maintaining the
>>LFS FAQ for more than two years, and it has been a pleasure [....]
<snip>
> More than one of the volunteers were eligible, but after considering
> their answers I was able to select one and he has accepted.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, pleeaase welllcome your _new_ FAQ Maintainer...
>
>     Jeroen Coumans!
>
> His tireless commitment to the FAQ is well known to everyone who
> reads the lists and he has demonstrated to me that he is competent
> as well. I am confident that the FAQ is in good hands.
>
> cheers,
> Seth W. Klein

Thanks, Seth, and hope to hear from your new project soon.

To everybody on the support lists: I consider it my mission as FAQ
maintainer to:
1) provide a document with frequently asked questions and
well-researched answers
2) reduce noise on the lists by pointing people to the FAQ
3) in case of FAQ's which should be handled in another area (be that the
website, LFS or BLFS); harass the appropriate maintainer to fix it.

In the long run, I hope I can make as much a difference as Seth has
done. It will be up to you guys to decide how I do my job, so I'm at
your mercy :)

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans