Ch6: Installing Shadow-4.0.3: suggested patch

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Jun 14 08:18:22 PDT 2003

Tushar Teredesai said the following on 06/14/03 08:05:
> I disagree. A patch fixes something that is broken. Making a patch to
> fix a problem is not dumbing down the book. What is the educational
> value in "shadow creates symlinks that are incorrect. Remove the link
> and create the proper link."?

People encounter a lot of broken packages in the wild which they
normally be protected from by their distro. Since we're a DIY-project
and not a distro, it's a good idea to educate them in the book how they
must fix it themselves (or where they can find patches). They can create
patches for themselves and share them at patches at linuxfromscratch.org.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans