Package dependencies

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 18:25:31 PDT 2003

All,

I know that at some point, there is going to be a need to go through the
packages again for the appendix.  I was poking around last night, trying
to think of an easier way to do this than the manual way we have been
doing in the past.  I was thinking of writing a script to go through and
grep for the programs that configure scripts and make files look for and
use during compiliation.  The script would output a log file that we can
then adapt for the appendix.

What do you all think?  Is this something someone else has done already?
  Is it even a good idea?  If so, I'll get cracking and see what I can
hack together.

Later
James
James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net