Package dependencies

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 14:10:50 PDT 2003

Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I think strace would complement this nicely. Grep gives you a list of
> programs POTENTIALLY called whereas strace gives you a list of programs
> ACTUALLY called. The truth lies in between, of course.
>
> MSB

This seems to jibe with what Tushar mentioned in his reply.  I need to
look at strace to see what its output looks like.  Maybe a script to
parse a strace log would be better.  Are there other tools we could use?
  What about grepping (or something else) log files generated from
configure, make and make install commands?  This probably would not work
as well as this would only be my local config/log and not a system
independant config/log.

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org