Missing XPASSes for current CVS

Christof Pohl chripo at edo.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 18 13:38:43 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 08, 2003 3:13 PM, Christof Pohl wrote:
> I have unexpected results when running "make -k check" for
> the ch5 gcc builds. After bootstrapping step1, make check has
> a "program timed out" error (maybe due to the slow cpu and/or
> hdd, maybe the host distro's tcl/expect/dejagnu are too old).

My old i586-box had a hardware problem (RAM), which I didn't notice up to
building a LFS on it (even an overnight memtest-run couldn't find any errors
- strange). :-\ More conservative BIOS options fixed that problem.

> Step2 has only 24 XPASSes for listdc++, the
>
> XPASS: 22_locale/messages_byname.cc execution test
> XPASS: 22_locale/messages_members_char.cc execution test
>
> are missing. Is this something to worry about?

I believe the missing XPASSes have something to do with the fact, that I
didn't install texutils (and some other tools like gawk, flex and gettext)
on my host distro. Recompiling gcc on my box with the new BIOS options and
those tools installed, I had alle the 26 XPASSes.

Yesterday my shiny new PLFS box had it's first boot... :-)

Thanks for everybody's help and keep up the great work!

Christof

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org