New LFS website; logo contest

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Wed Jun 18 15:28:58 PDT 2003

Hi all,
I've gotten Gerard's "Go", so here we go...

The last weeks I've worked on the new LFS website. It's getting ready
for testing now so all flames ^H^H^H^H constructive criticism and
general feedback is welcome. On the new site there are details about the
implementation and what still needs to be done. I've made some
adjustments to the text at various places, mostly in the hint and ALFS
department. Please read it and send me patches (against source or text)
if you don't like it. This counts especially for the maintainers of the
various sections!
Some links don't work yet, esp. the mirror links, so just use the
section navigation lists or the "Temporary placeholder". It's tested in
Konqueror, Mozilla/Firebird, Opera-7, IE6, links-2 and lynx.

Current bugs (I'm working on these but all tips are welcome):
* Konqueror-3.1.2: In the header, the right items (#language and
#search) appear below the title and subtitle. They should appear at the
same height.
* Gecko (Mozilla-1.3.1 and Firebird 0.6): the header appears a bit below
the viewport.
* Opera 7.11: renders correctly
* Internet Explorer 6-SP1: navigation lists have too large padding. No
background logo.
This last one has no fix possible except another logo, which brings me
to my next point:
We need a new logo! We need 4 logo's, one for each section, preferably
with the same theme. The prize: your design on the LFS website!
Requirements: the logos should be approx. 450x100. Preferred image
format is PNG, and if you need transparancy, please provide alternative
images which we can serve to handicapped browsers (IE). The image should
fit in the current design (or I need patches against the stylesheet).

Oh yeah, the link is: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rjfcouma/linuxfromscratch.org/

Please send replies to lfs-chat!

--
Groeten/Greetings