Package dependencies

Csaba Henk tphhec01 at degas.ceu.hu
Wed Jun 18 16:57:59 PDT 2003

In article <3EF0E1F9.9070000 at abbnm.com>, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

>> What do the big guys (RedHat, SuSE, etc) do?  Or are they so "in tune"
>> with the packages, that they know what the dependancies are?
>
> Most of the distros have the ability to include dependencies for each
> package, but I don't think they are figured out automatically. Also,
> they don't list the core dependencies unless a package requires a
> specific version of glibc/gcc/...

I think the big distros have specific men for specific packages. Say your
only task is to maintain the fidutils, shutil, fileutils packages -- in this
case doing it manually is not such a big task...

Csaba

--
    At various Linux forums you can pick out the experts by checking who say /
imply "Real men use Debian". How stupid. No doubt, real men use LFS :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org