news about default kernel compliers

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Mon Jun 23 09:54:11 PDT 2003

I was wondering about compilers and Red Hat 8.0 - they seem to use gcc 3.2
and I thought that was a no no for recompiling the kernel, but they have
no special notes (or an alternative compiler) about doing so.  Does
anyone know if it is really OK to rebuild a kernel with this level of
the compiler?

Steve Prior

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org