eth0 problem

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Jun 24 08:11:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 11:01, Ambroz at sdc.bno.cd.cz wrote:
> Hi,
> After installing LFS 4.1 according to pure_lfs hint system was not be able
> to initiate eth0 interface due to missing /etc/modules.conf file with such
> "alias eth0 e1000" lines. It seems like the step of creating this file is
> missing in the book.
> Bye

No, it is intentionally left out - because each person has a different
network card, and network configuration (other than the lo interface) is
not part of a base linux installation.  Considering network cards are
seldom removed from the machine while powered on (in fact, I don't even
think this would be a good idea at all), compiling them as modules is
overkill, in my book.

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org