Suggestion for CVS re GID's

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Thu Jun 26 21:51:56 PDT 2003

[26.06.2003] Tushar Teredesai <-- :
> I meant that the book should highly recommend that Ch 5 be compiled as a
> non-root user, and should recommend creating a seperate account rather
> than using an existing non-root user. But the specific groupadd/useradd
> commands should be left out of the book. (Maybe mention that groupadd
> and useradd can be used to add a group and user to the system.)

What about consistancy? If I understand you correctly, you want on one
hand just tell the user, you better create an own lfs user/group, and
then go down to linux-beginner-command-level and tell him, use the
user/groupadd commands for that.

If you give and explain every chmod, cp, mv command, but then suddenly
leave the user alone with a general advice to create an lfs user and
expect him to find out how to use man and info, you cannot complain
about used-to-c&p-newbies support requests.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org