Suggestion for CVS re GID's

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 07:11:47 PDT 2003

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
>> From: "Tushar Teredesai" <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org>
>>
> Not what I meant.
>
> I meant that the book should highly recommend that Ch 5 be compiled as a
> non-root user, and should recommend creating a seperate account rather
> than using an existing non-root user. But the specific groupadd/useradd
> commands should be left out of the book. (Maybe mention that groupadd
> and useradd can be used to add a group and user to the system.)

This does not seem to be in the same theme as the rest of the book.  I
would think it would be just as easy to add a small paragraph on the
group id thing and a sample command and/or where to look.  LFS has been
very good at being a teaching tool first and foremost, while still being
an excellent and proven method for building a linux box.  I think we
should add a little verbiage and leave it be.

My $0.02
James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink dot net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org