FAQ/ audience

The Cheeze cheeziologist at attbi.com
Fri Jun 27 12:29:57 PDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:23:51 +0200, Jeroen Coumans <jeroencoumans at gmx.net>
wrote:

<snip>

> thread. But the number of people who ask questions which are easily
> answered by the FAQ, the book or the website is IMHO disproportionate to
> the number of people with legitimate problems.

<snip>

Firstly let me say that my data is most assuredly not as good as the data
of others since i have only been subscribed to lfs-support for ~10months
and lfs-dev for ~2months. That being said, I have to agree with Jeroen on
this point. I would say considerably more than half (easily) of the mails
on lfs-support are answered by the faq, the book itself, or the hints. I
more attribute this to the possibility that people don't know where to go
to get information than to the target audience of the book but that's just
my opinion. Let me rephrase that actually. Some people don't know where to
go to find the information and some people don't want to bother to look to
see if there is information they can use. Again, just my $.02.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org