FAQ/ audience

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Fri Jun 27 13:18:36 PDT 2003

The Cheeze said the following on 27-6-2003 21:29:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:23:51 +0200, Jeroen Coumans
> <jeroencoumans at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> thread. But the number of people who ask questions which are easily
>> answered by the FAQ, the book or the website is IMHO disproportionate
>> to the number of people with legitimate problems.
>

> <snip>
>
> Firstly let me say that my data is most assuredly not as good as the
> data of others since i have only been subscribed to lfs-support for
> ~10months and lfs-dev for ~2months. That being said, I have to agree
> with Jeroen on this point. I would say considerably more than half
> (easily) of the mails on lfs-support are answered by the faq, the book
> itself, or the hints. I more attribute this to the possibility that
> people don't know where to go to get information than to the target
> audience of the book but that's just my opinion. Let me rephrase that
> actually. Some people don't know where to go to find the information and
> some people don't want to bother to look to see if there is information
> they can use. Again, just my $.02.

Yes, totally agree, and this is exactly the reason for me to redesign
the website.
<shameless plug>
(I could use some more feedback; do you think my design and navigation
is more effective in fixing the above? URL in sig, strip /faq. Follow up
to website at linuxfromscratch.org please)
</shameless plug>

--
Groeten/Greetings,