FAQ/ audience

Scot Mc Pherson scot at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 30 10:12:49 PDT 2003

Alright well it look like the consensus of the community is to have properly
named newsgroups.

I would like to take a general poll though.

Do we want to have the newsgroups named ala usenet standards

lfs.topic

or can we just remove the toplevel for them all and name them
topic, with any groups needing distinguishing features followed i.e.
chat
faq
book.lfs
book.blfs
website

so on and so forth.  The reason I am asking this is because well,
website...is there anything that distinguishes the blfs and lfs websites?
No they are just different directories of the same website and administered
by the same folks.

Faq isn't quite the same, but the traffic generated by the faq list(s), I do
not suspect is going to generate enough traffic to warrant two separate
groups.

lfs.chat is obviously general chat which relates to lfs, blfs, alfs and
pretty much any OT thing we want to talk about.  So why do we need the lfs
toplevel groupname?

Either that or do we want to use fully usenet standard group names i.e.
comp.os.linux.lfs.topic ?  Is there a chance we will feed into usenet? I
dunno.

--
Scot Mc Pherson
Linux From Scratch