FAQ/ audience

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Mon Jun 30 12:30:36 PDT 2003

Scot Mc Pherson wrote:

> Alright well it look like the consensus of the community is to have properly
> named newsgroups.
>
> I would like to take a general poll though.
>
> Do we want to have the newsgroups named ala usenet standards
>
> lfs.topic [...]

I would say yes.  Blfs is sort of a child of lfs anyway so I don't
really see a problem with lfs being a generic top level for those things
which are part of lfs and blfs.  I guess if we  wanted to be totaly
correct it would be lfs.lfs.[book,dev] and lfs.blfs.[book,dev] for those
type of things
[...]
> Either that or do we want to use fully usenet standard group names i.e.
> comp.os.linux.lfs.topic ?  Is there a chance we will feed into usenet? I
> dunno.

Not a bad idea, but might be a bit extreme.  Your call.

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org