FAQ/ audience

Stefan Krah sfk1 at bigfoot.com
Mon Jun 30 13:11:06 PDT 2003

* Scot Mc Pherson <scot at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> lfs.chat is obviously general chat which relates to lfs, blfs, alfs and
> pretty much any OT thing we want to talk about.  So why do we need the lfs
> toplevel groupname?

Because people run local news servers, and if several servers name a
group just "faq", it leads to collisions in /var/spool/news (at least with
leafnode).

> Either that or do we want to use fully usenet standard group names i.e.
> comp.os.linux.lfs.topic ?  Is there a chance we will feed into usenet? I
> dunno.

Proper naming would be:

linuxfromscratch.lfs.support
linuxfromscratch.blfs.support
linuxfromscratch.faq
linuxfromscratch.hints
[...]

This would resolve all issues (faq, hints not under lfs.*).

Stefan Krah
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org