[TWEAK] More info on the gcc speedup issue

Jim Gifford jim at jg555.com
Sat Mar 1 16:25:05 PST 2003

Greg,
    I have a gig of RAM and here is what I saw with these settings

Normal Glibc Build
2 hours 12 minutes

New Time Glibc

1 hour 55 minutes

An improvement, but not a big one. My next thing to try is using -j option
and set it up for 256 meg with -j4 to see what happens.

news:20030228041405.GA1045 at tigers-lfs.nsw.bigpond.net.au...