[drepper at redhat.com: glibc 2.3.2]

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Sun Mar 2 02:29:17 PST 2003

Ken Moffat wrote (in various messages):
<Snip>
> This mail is just a warning (hey, bet it works nicely in Pure LFS).
<Snip>
> Starting to look like a good time to go to Pure LFS.

Not a problem...Just finished a build about 10 minutes ago, cept you'll
have to create the /stage1/bin/pwd > /bin/pwd symlink before Chapter 6
glibc build.  It's not mentioned specifically in Greg's hint per the
instructions, but is mentioned in the "FIXME" paragraph right above
them.  Whatever version of the book I had, removed the symlink after it
was used in the begining of Chapter 6.

I ran into a couple of other small quirks, easy fixes, no big deal,
especially since they were directly related to deviating from the tested
versions.  (HJ's binutils, coreutils, version differences in tar, and
util-linux, and a few others).

Ryan and Greg's work has turned out great!

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org