Pure LFS - using HJ's Binutils-2.13.90.0.18

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Sun Mar 2 02:41:55 PST 2003

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>>
>> Interesting, I've been building them in chapter 5 for ages...
>> You did change the two wrapper scripts to point in the right place
>> didn't you?
>
> <Snip>
>
>> Regards
>> Ryan
>
> It was for the static build I had problems.
<Snip>

Problem still exists.  I again didn't look into why, just worked around
it.  Host I'm using is gcc-2.96, glibc-2.2.4, and binutils-2.11.90.0.8.
The problem again is when you run configure fromt the root of the
binutils dir, it only runs it in the top dir.  When you go to do make,
it then runs configure agian in all the subdirs, only this time with the
LDFLAGS that you are passing to make.  configure is saying gcc can't
create executables...but this is only when the -all-static is in the
LDFLAGS.  The workaround this time was to not use a binutils-build dir,
then run configure (as is outlined in the hint) in each of the subdirs
under binutils-2.13.90.0.18.  Then issue make from the top level.  I
still don't know why it doesn't work.  Again, I'm probably overlooking
something obvious.  At anyrate, thought I'd throw this out there.
BTW..system build was damn well easy.  Thanks for all the hard work.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org