empty autoconf.h = module compile errors

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Mar 2 13:49:40 PST 2003

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:20:48 -0800 Matt Bartley <mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net>
wrote:

> But the compiler error I mentioned earlier happens even with the first
> sample module from the OReilly book:

Which book? I've just downloaded the example files for Linux Device
Drivers 2nd ed and checked the Makefiles.
They pass -I/usr/src/linux/include  to gcc which causes gcc to look in
/usr/src/linux/include before checking system directories, so the examples
should compile fine, provided that you have a configured Linux source tree
in /usr/src/linux.

MSB

--
Democracy is when the people has the right to make the wrong choices.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org