[drepper at redhat.com: glibc 2.3.2]

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Mar 3 03:18:32 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 07:19:59PM -0600, Matt Reppert wrote:
> Just replaced the C library on the turn-of-the-year CVS system I had, and ...
> well, X comes up and I can write this, so it seems to have worked well enough :)
> And I once again have real-time signal capabilities.
>
> Uli mentions that the "sources have been prepared to be used with NPTL", so I
> wonder if that means that NPTL will work on top of 2.3.2, once the other
> kernel issues get worked out ...

Has anyone been keeping up with NPTL developments? I've sort of kept an eye
on it but haven't been game enough to try a 2.5 kernel yet. My understanding
(which could be totally wrong) is you need:-

 - 2.5 kernel headers
 - configure glibc with "--with-tls" for the Thread Local Storage ELF ABI
 - gcc-3.3 or the RHL8 branch of 3.2.x for gcc "__thread" keyword support

Dunno.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org