NPTL, and 2.4 after all?

Ronald Hummelink ronald at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 3 14:32:05 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 23:07, Greg Schafer wrote:

> Are you sure about that? AFAIK, their kernel is modified with backported
> patches from 2.5 and the gcc-3.2.x is the RHL8 branch which also contains
> patches backported from gcc-3.3
>
> No first hand experience tho' so I may be wrong here.

I'm sure things are not Vanilla, but with the src.rpms at hand you
should be able to get things running without going to the 2.5 kernel.
The specfiles contain so much conditional things for all the arches RH
runs on it doesn't read very easily... however it seems to be doable.

Ronald.

> Greg
waiting down the mountain...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org