[drepper at redhat.com: glibc 2.3.2]

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Mon Mar 3 21:15:02 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 07:19:59PM -0600, Matt Reppert wrote:
> > Just replaced the C library on the turn-of-the-year CVS system I had,
and ...
> > well, X comes up and I can write this, so it seems to have worked well
enough :)
> > And I once again have real-time signal capabilities.
> >
> > Uli mentions that the "sources have been prepared to be used with
NPTL", so I
> > wonder if that means that NPTL will work on top of 2.3.2, once the
other
> > kernel issues get worked out ...
>
> Has anyone been keeping up with NPTL developments? I've sort of kept an
eye
> on it but haven't been game enough to try a 2.5 kernel yet. My
understanding
> (which could be totally wrong) is you need:-

> - 2.5 kernel headers
> - configure glibc with "--with-tls" for the Thread Local Storage ELF ABI

Not necessary
`--without-tls'
     By default the C library is built with support for thread-local
     storage if the used tools support it.  By using `--without-tls'
     this can be prevented though there generally is no reason since it
     creates compatibility problems.

> - gcc-3.3 or the RHL8 branch of 3.2.x for gcc "__thread" keyword support
>
> Dunno.

Me either ;-)
may look into it for a bit of fun later in the week, see how the build
holds up on the bleeding edge ;-)

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org