empty autoconf.h = module compile errors

Matt Bartley mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net
Tue Mar 4 11:50:21 PST 2003

In article <20030302224940.6775ca6c.matthias at winterdrache.de>,
 matthias at winterdrache.de (Matthias Benkmann) wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:20:48 -0800 Matt Bartley <mbartley2 at cox.NOSPAM.net>
> wrote:

> > But the compiler error I mentioned earlier happens even with the first
> > sample module from the OReilly book:

> Which book? I've just downloaded the example files for Linux Device
> Drivers 2nd ed and checked the Makefiles.
> They pass -I/usr/src/linux/include  to gcc which causes gcc to look in
> /usr/src/linux/include before checking system directories, so the examples
> should compile fine, provided that you have a configured Linux source tree
> in /usr/src/linux.

And that's the problem.  I usually run "make mrproper" after I've
installed the kernel, to free up disk space.  Best keep a copy of
autoconf.h around, I guess.  I'd be prone to copy it to
/usr/include/linux and just use the kernel headers that are in there.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org