ldscripts adjustment

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue Mar 4 15:34:13 PST 2003

> the ldscripts are rebuild after binutils pass2 with
LIB_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib > but
> the still contain /stage1/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib as the first SEARCH_DIR
> entry. Is this wanted, a failure I've done during installation or should
> this
> be changed?
> I use HJL binutils but got the same result using FSF's.

OK, a few people have commented on this, this is perfectly correct.

Note we use our chapter5 ld ( /stage1/TARGET-TRIPLE/bin/ld ) during our ch6
glibc build, the path /stage1/TARGET-TRIPLE/lib is created by binutils and
that directory only contains the ldscripts
( maybe (assumptions) in the past or for some different targets libraries
specific to binutils get installed here )

When we install these rebuilt ldscripts in ch6 they are installed to
/stage1/TARGET-TRIPLE/lib

After the ch6 build of binutils the new ld in /usr/TARGET-TRIPLE/bin will
use the newly created ldscripts in /usr/TARGET-TRIPLE/lib, and this
directory will be first in the search order.

Hope this clarifies things a bit...
Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org