ldscripts adjustment

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 4 16:01:35 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:53:20PM +0100, Michael Kollmann wrote:
>

>>the ldscripts are rebuild after binutils pass2 with LIB_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib but
>>the still contain /stage1/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib as the first SEARCH_DIR
>>entry. Is this wanted, a failure I've done during installation or should this
>>be changed?
>>I use HJL binutils but got the same result using FSF's.
>>

>That is unavoidable. But luckily there are no libs in
>/stage1/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib to actually link against. The stage1 libs are
>all in /stage1/lib which is not listed. So it's perfectly OK :-)

How about removing all static libraries (*.a) and all the dynamic
library links (*.so) from /stage1 at the end of Ch 5? They take up
unneccessary space and we can be absolutely sure that nothing can link
against the libs in /stage1.

Before somebody jumps on my about the *.so files, the libfoo.so is a
symbolic link to libfoo.so.N and is needed only when linking packages
against libfoo and not needed at runtime.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org