Pure LFS: -DGNU_SOURCE for gcc/glibc?

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Mar 5 13:03:14 PST 2003

Folks,

Was reviewing the gcc C99 spec and some related man pages and saw some
verbiage in fenv(3) relating to floating point operations and how
rounding might be affected. In that man page, it stated that certain
things are effective only when GNU_SOURCE is specified. You may recall
that I have 10 floating point failures out of >= 28xx and I am in the
middile of another pure LFS build (*long* time on this machine) so I
don't want to break in to test.

I was wondering if anybody had knowledge as to if that would have an
effect on my config (in other words, is it worth me trying it,
considering the time factor) and possibly cure the make check failures.

The CPU is an IBM (Cyrix) 6x86-II Pr300. Your knowledgeable answer might
save me some time.

TIA.

--
Bill Maltby