libiberty revisited

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 5 16:21:25 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 12:04:02AM +0000, James Iwanek wrote:
> okey dokey:
>
> from the above source ;-)
>
> (This approach has proven useful with software using the GNU readline
> library.)

You've completely missed the point... again :-)

 - Bucket loads of software depends on (or can utilise) an ALREADY INSTALLED
   readline

 - nothing at all (it seems) depends on an ALREADY INSTALLED libiberty. One
   app has been identified that may make a (dubious) use if libiberty.h is
   available

Dude, I'm not wasting any more breath on this minor issue as I've backed up
my arguments with facts. Please don't force me to pull out the cluebat :-)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org