Pure LFS - can't create shared libraries

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sat Mar 8 09:07:12 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Timothy Bauscher wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 05:38:51AM -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > IIRC, Pure LFS is not in the LFS book. All discussion related to it has
> > been directed to the lfs-dev list. Is this not the correct place for it?
> > Have I been posting to the wrong place? If so, please let me know too.
>
> IMO, "Pure LFS" support requests are off-topic on lfs-dev
> and better suited for either lfs-chat or blfs-support.

There have been in *excess* of 150 posts to lfs-dev, including some from
Gerard. Some have other "Subject:" lines, but are Pure LFS. IIRC, Gerard
indicated at some point that he thought Pure LFS discussion belonged on
lfs-dev (but I did not save a record, so I could be wrong) because he
plans to incorporate some elements of it into the book.

If Pure LFS support requests do not appear on this list, it seems to me
that a *potentially* valuable bug-discovery, or other input, may be
missed by the folks involved in Pure LFS development, assumming they may
not be monitoring lfs-chat, blfs-support.

But, unless I hear an "OK" from another editor/authority, I will post
no more about Pure LFS on this list.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com