Pure LFS - can't create shared libraries

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 8 13:54:40 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 12:07:12PM -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > IMO, "Pure LFS" support requests are off-topic on lfs-dev
> > and better suited for either lfs-chat or blfs-support.
>
> If Pure LFS support requests do not appear on this list, it seems to me
> that a *potentially* valuable bug-discovery, or other input, may be
> missed by the folks involved in Pure LFS development, assumming they may
> not be monitoring lfs-chat, blfs-support.

The issue isn't whether or not a "Pure LFS" person sees support
requests, but that non-development emails on a development list
are off-topic.

Pure LFS development discussions are on topic with this list.
I think of Pure LFS as a hint. Development of that hint closely
relates to book quality. However, support for that hint is better
suited for a support list.

> But, unless I hear an "OK" from another editor/authority, I will post
> no more about Pure LFS on this list.

It was a personal request, not a command.
/me goes back to his cave.

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org