glibc-2.3.2 "make check" problem

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Mar 11 02:39:56 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:03:29AM +1100, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> One quick question...
>
> did you create an ${LFS}/etc/nsswitch.conf and ${LFS}/etc/resolv.conf ???
> before ch6 glibc build? It'll need an nswitch.conf to test the nss stuff...
>
> Let me know if I'm off the mark ;-)

Just to follow up there.. I did a little analysis on that and AFAICT, the
presence of /etc/nsswitch.conf seemed to make no difference to the running
of the test suite. Glibc appears to use defaults if it cannot find an
/etc/nsswitch.conf.  Despite my earlier suspicions, /etc/resolv.conf is
definitely not needed.

Back to Christian's original problem. That test does this:-

"  /* This will allocate some memory, which should be automatically
     freed at exit.  */
  res_query ("1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.", C_ANY, T_ANY, buf, 256);"

Loopback related problem maybe ?? Dunno.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org