Just a small grumble about fstab in the book.

Giles Bathgate mail at gilesbathgate.com
Tue Mar 11 03:15:07 PST 2003

Dear lfs-dev.

The other day I wasn't recalling from memory correctly and I put and e2fs
entry in /etc/fstab during chapter 6 rather than ext2. It booted, but later
on I discovered that my fs was not being properly checked. ;)

Anyway my grumble is that in chapter 3 it is suggested to mke2fs and then in
chapter 6 it says

[snip]

*LFS*, *swap* and *fs-type* have to be replaced with the appropriate values
(/dev/hda2, /dev/hda5 and reiserfs for example).

[snip]

If ext2 was mentioned here I think it would be better.

Giles.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org