Who understands this code?

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Thu Mar 13 19:19:05 PST 2003

Greg Schafer wrote:

> Hi
>
> The attached code is extracted from gcc configure. On a normal system, it
> works fine. But early in the chroot it gives this:-
>
> root:~# ./a.out
> test 3 nonconsecutive pages - 40014000, 40149000
> root:~# echo $?
> 16
>
> and thus fails the test and thus gives a differing build.
>
> GOOD:
> checking for working mmap from /dev/zero... yes
> checking for working mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS)... yes
>
> BAD:
> checking for working mmap from /dev/zero... no
> checking for working mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS)... no
>
> Strace doesn't help me much. Any ideas?
>
> This is the final hurdle to achieving purity! Help!
>
> Greg

i cant help  much (lhat kind of code just makes my head spin) but i reckon
the answer may lie in sys/mman.h
but then again i may be wrong

try diffing all the include files that the program calls on before and after
the gcc rebuild the binutils rebuild and the glibc rebuild

hope ive helped in some way ;-) (even if ive just given you summit to laugh
at)

--
Jay
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org