Who understands this code?

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Mar 13 19:56:39 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:19:05AM +0000, James Iwanek wrote:
> i cant help  much (lhat kind of code just makes my head spin) but i reckon
> the answer may lie in sys/mman.h
> but then again i may be wrong
>
> try diffing all the include files that the program calls on before and after
> the gcc rebuild the binutils rebuild and the glibc rebuild
>
> hope ive helped in some way ;-) (even if ive just given you summit to laugh
> at)

Not laughing at all. You actually gave me some ideas :-)

I can now confirm that the binaries produced by the test program are
identical in both the early chroot and non-chroot environments.

i.e. there must be something missing early in the chroot environent that is
causing the test to fail. But what the hell could it be? I'm stumped!

Actually, the Ch 5 gcc pass 2 build is affected as well :-(

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org