Who understands this code?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Mar 14 10:41:06 PST 2003

On 14 Mar 2003 15:20:42 +0100 Ronald Hummelink
<ronald at hummelink.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Using the red hat compiler or pass1-ch5 seems to make no difference.
> Does this mean our gcc is fine on this?

It would seem so, especially since the ct-mmap I compiled that works fine
for me fails for Greg.

> Forcing on redhats glibc or our own new glibc by calling things via
> ld-linux.so.2 seems to tell the problem is our newly build libc?

What version is that?
Anyway, it can't be just glibc alone or replacing glibc with the one I
mailed him would have made the problem disappear for Greg which it didn't.
It could be some interaction between glibc and the kernel. I have 2.4.16
running with glibc 2.3.1 compiled against the 2.4.19 headers and do not
see the mmap problem. Someone with spare time on his hands could downgrade
his kernel to 2.4.16 and see if the problem disappears.

MSB

--
Modesty marks the wise.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org