From glibc-2.2.5 to 2.3.2: the LFS way at jeopardy?

Richard rgollub at uninet.com.br
Fri Mar 14 13:06:48 PST 2003

	Hi,

	the beef is the following: either I am in for a major cock-up (most
likely) or the LFS way does not cut it any more... :)

	I am presently trying to build a new LFS (using the old 4.0 method)
based on my "old" glibc-2.2.5/gcc-3.0.4 set-up to create a new
glibc-2.3.2/gcc-3.2.2-based one.

	Using the old long "recipe" I was lucky to produce a working
glibc-2.3.1/gcc-3.2.2 build, which was stable and totally satisfactory.
This build had KDE-3.1 with qt-3.1.1 fully functional. Yet, it was a
transitory experiment, just to check/upgrade all the updated intervening
packages and scripts.

	Now that I want to use exactly the same "recipe" to build The Final
System (tm :), glibc-2.3.2 has decided to stop the show. I have enclosed
herewith the copies of 'config.log' and the output from 'configure'.

	Any help will be appreciated as, apparently, I am standing in front of
the tree and cannot see the forest beyond it...

	Did anyone have already hit this one and managed to create a
work-around? TIA

	Richard