proposing a small addition to the digests

Alex Groenewoud krisp at wanadoo.nl
Sun Mar 16 04:18:28 PST 2003

To make it possible to respond to a message in a digest without
breaking the thread, I would like to propose to add the
"Message-ID:" line to each message in a digest.

Every message would then be preceded by "From:", "Date:", "Subject:"
and "theMessage-ID:" lines.  In a response the "theMessage-ID:" line
would then have to be changed to an "In-Reply-To:" line and moved to
header of the message.

This would only slightly enlarge the digests, but make them much
more useful -- at least in my eyes, as I can't be bothered with the
POP-overhead of fetching and deleting every single message.

What do other digest users think?

Alex