Purity Iteration Analysis - the results are in..

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Mar 18 13:58:17 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 06:07:17PM +0000, James Iwanek wrote:
> Matthias Benkmann wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:46:25 +1100 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> so setting $PAGE during configure run sorts it out:-
> >>
> >> PAGE=a4 ./configure blah
> >>
> >> should do it.
> >
> > Where does it get the page size from normally? PAGE isn't usually set,
> > even on a finished system.
> >
> > MSB
> >

> i suspect its something todo with the TZ variable (or somthing else to do
> with user locale)

Jeez guys, I pointed you to configure so just go and take a look :-) It's
looking for existing groff stuff, then believe it or not, part of the
relevant configury seems to be looking at /etc/resolv/conf ??

But when all else fails, RTFM usually helps. From INSTALL:-

"If you want A4 or letter paper format and the configure script produces
an incorrect guess, say

  PAGE=xxx ./configure

where `xxx' should be either `A4' or `letter'.  Note that this will only
affect the paper selection for grops.  For compatibility with ditroff,
the default page length in gtroff is always 11 inches.  The page length
can be changed with the `pl' request."

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org