e2fsprogs-1.32 wrong exit code?

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed Mar 19 00:35:28 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:20:52PM +1100, Greg Schafer wrote:
> After reading all the material, I'm not sure that --disable-htree is the
> answer. It seems to me that the upstream patches as used by Debian are a
> better solution.
>
> This is probably a classic example of where the lfs-patches list or whatever
> it was that was talked about a while back would come in handy. (Tushar?)

That's all fine and good. I have no emotional stake in either way.
However, since it's supposed to be in the next release, and e2fsprogs
releases fairly often, would it be too time-consuming? The book would be
patched regardless, but the addition and subsequent removal of the patch
would be extra overhead. Plus it's an experimental option that I'm not
convinced is quite safe. ext2 survived a long time without it, I'd like
to see it mature a little more.

Just my $.02. :)

--
Archaic

--
Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the
law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes

- Frederic Bastiat, "The Law"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org