Build is verified!

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 19 17:19:23 PST 2003

On March 19, 2003 03:41 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Ok folks, this is it. I have now proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that
> the pure LFS build is 100% pure.

Good news.

> 1.0 version number. Then I'm going on hol's :)

Where you off to?

One of these days I'll have caught up with all emails and will start sending
replies and more info on what's going on with the LFS-4.1 release. I've sent
files to publisher for final review, a test print is going to be done after
the proof reading to see if I didn't mess up the margins, paper sizes and
general layout. When that all looks good, we'll sign off and do the first
bulk processing. Some time between now and the actual printing we'll start
sending out announcements to various LUGs and this list of course. More info
on this will follow as soon as I find out about it myself.

And what have I been up to? Started settling down here in Canmore and we're
exploring the area. We're not home often which partly explains my absense.
It's gorgeous out here and we're enjoying every moment of it. And of course
there's by day job too which keeps me a tad busy.

Right now we're in that nasty stage. All the snow is starting to melt, gets
all muddy, dries up, gets wet again, freezes up, melts again, etc. It's not
fun going on hikes these days so I've been spending more time at home than
outside. I'll probably take the opportunity to get back into LFS some more
over the next couple of days. We gotto start working towards LFS-5.0 some
time soon too. I've kind of been waiting for Greg and Ryan to finalize the
pure-lfs stuff and it seems to be pretty much good as gold now. Coincides
nicely with me returning back to normal too.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org