Build is verified!

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Mar 19 17:56:29 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> We gotto start working towards LFS-5.0 some
> time soon too. I've kind of been waiting for Greg and Ryan to finalize
the
> pure-lfs stuff and it seems to be pretty much good as gold now. Coincides
> nicely with me returning back to normal too.

I think its pretty much at the point of settling on the package versions
you want to use for the book...

Have had succesful builds on x86 (yet to run a full sparc build) with many
various combinations of

gcc 3.2/3.2.1/3.2.2
glibc 2.3/2.3.1/2.3.2
binutils 2.13-2.13.2.1 and HJL binutils
not to mention coreutils vs sh/file/textutils and others...
( all build from glibc-2.2.5 system )

Thankfully the build hasn't altered terribly much throughout all the
package upgrades, which bodes well for future book editions...

Anyhow, let us know when you wanna get started :-)
Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org