Build is verified!

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 19 20:00:40 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:46:34AM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:32:06 +0000 (UTC)
> rbpark at ualberta.ca (Rob Park) wrote:
>

> > > other than saving time, how else does it help?
> >
> > It stops Alan Cox from bitching about our toolchain :)
>
> I wish it could, but (and I could be wrong here) it seems to me that
> Greg has only proven it works from /his/ host. he hasnt proven that it
> can work from *any* host, which is what we need to do to satisfy Mr Cox
> ;)

You (still) obviously do not understand the gcc build methodology. Please
study it then feel free to come back here and sprout FUD when you know what
you're talking about..

I've given you the methods and the tools and the facts to verify the build.
Pls go and do it yourself before denigrating the hard work of others..

Sorry to be blunt, Ian, but until you've done this for yourself you have no
idea what you're talking about.

When somebody finds holes in this stuff, I'll listen. But until then,
clueless inflammatory posts will be redirected to the bitbucket.

Cheers
Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org