Build is verified!

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Mar 20 17:34:40 PST 2003

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I don't think the pure_lfs stuff was ever claimed as producing a clean
> lfs starting from a broken host system.
>
>  From what I understand it claimed that the resulting lfs would be clean
> if starting from a decent host environment

YMMV, but I can tell you one of my hosts I test from is an absolute mess
that has been upgraded/hacked/tortured over the past coupla years...

Tell you the truth, I'm shocked it produced a good build :-)

If you have a fairly consistent tool set on the host capable of building
the first binutils and gcc it seems everything pretty much hangs together
from there.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org