New build scripts v2.2.1

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Fri Mar 21 04:21:23 PST 2003

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> Comments/patches/additions all welcome...
Hi,

While i was browsing to through the buildscripts
i saw an 'export LDFLAGS="-s"' line,
but that almost all packages are build with
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe" ./configure <options> &&
make LDFLAGS="-s"
Why are the flags exported AND given when make is called?
Is it possible to add the LDFLAGS to the configure line,
like this:
'LDFLAGS="-" CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe" ./configure <options>'

Greetings Arjan

--
This signature has been infected by the signature virus.
Please help me spread and copy me to your .signature
E-mail  	: ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org